Friday, June 27, 2008

Book-A-Thon

This blog, which I previously abandoned, will serve as my "24 hour" book-a-thon check-in-center. Isn't that great? ;) I wonder if any of my old friends still have the link to this blog... if so... yes, I'm just as much of a geek now as then. This is like geek pride, eh?

More information:
http://deweymonster.com/?page_id=722

PS I iz busy and tired and not completely on top o' the weather so I don't think I'm going to make it the full 24 hours. My goal is to make it 12 hours. To be honest, it's been a long time since I read alone... not "alone" as in withont someone, but "alone" as in not in between classes, or stick in a vehicle, or waiting for a movie to start... etc etc. I don't know how well I'll do! But this looks like fun, and after I read the FAQ page, I felt better. It sounds very flexable, like I can make it what I want to make it. Since it's been so long since I sat down to read all on my own, I'm making it "The Day I Will Read And Enjoy Myself".

Hope that's okay.

I'm really excited. I don't know if I want to collect a whole bunch of new books, or if I want to have some books I know I already love. At this link --

http://astripedarmchair.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/books-to-keep-you-up-at-night/#nf

-- there is a list of recommended books for the event, and the description of "The Stolen Child" popped out. Also, I want to finish "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (I'm only on Chapter 4... I am a slacker...) Also, I'm going to try to borrow a book from my university department called It Takes Two. I saw it on the shelves and was like ooooooh... those are exactly the sort of tangable suggestions I need to get good at this vocational thingie trek I be on! Also, I'm thinking about going to B&N and picking up "Out Of Eden". I want to try it. I'm scared though. I haven't read a book that big since high school. :P I'm horrid! Maybe my 1/2 a bookathon day is not the right day to try something like that. Oh! And I haven't read the HP books yet, so I thought maybe I'd borrow The Sorcerers Stone from the library. Other than that, I don't know what I'll be doing. Well, reading. But more specifically. Dunno.

Hope I don't be made of read-fail. :D

Be good, everyone. Good luck to all the people who are participating!

3 comments:

Dewey said...

Hooray! It's a Crystal!

Don't worry, there will be piles of fun activities almost every hour so that when you need a reading break, just come to my blog and you'll find something fun to do or a prize to enter your name for and so on! :D

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun! tomorrow morn, come to my blog and comment or blog yourself with link to me for my mini-challenge that starts at 6 am EST. IT's for a new vocab word and/or crazy run on sentence - heads up now to keep track? -Care, a Cheerleader

Eva said...

Hope you enjoy it!