Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hour 1

Alright... I've been reading "Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magik and the Ocult". It's a series of essays by a whole bunch of different people... some actors, a comic book creator... anyway, it's not the sort of thing I think other people are reading here, but I'm enjoying parts of it very much. In particular, there was a discussion about language being something that pulls a person farther away from reality rather than closer to it. I've had that very conversation with friends before, so it was neat to read someone else talking about it.

Also, there was another section about Sigles... I think... I'm not spelling that right... anyway, the word I can't spell refers to symbols of intentions, and how having a symbol of intention can be the push from intention to manifestation... yeah, these are my woo-woo words, not theirs. I can see how symbols could be useful this way. It's not such a terribly woo-woo idea, it's just written in a woo-woo book! *smirks* I dunno. I think people putting quotes on stickynotes above their desk are doing the same thing. It's just that they don't have to worry about beinb burned at the stake. *winks*

My woo-woo book is going to scare all the readers/cheerleaders away!! *grins* I don't bite, honest.

Alright, back to the book. OH! I'm on page... 34. Yes, I know, I'm slow. But the words are tiny and the book is huge. It's like, bigger than a notebook. *winks* Excuses. But I'm having fun. Take care, everyone... happy reading!

No comments: