Saturday, June 28, 2008

Where are you reading from today?

I am reading "Book of Lies: Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult". (I swear, I have more booky-books in my stack! I just recently aquired this book and want to read it. *grins*)

3 facts about me …

1. I am a university student studying Communication Disorders.
2. I am a geek dweeb. In fact, every time I get a twinge of wanting to stop reading, the twinge turns into an I-want-to-be-cross-stitching craving. Terrible, eh?
3. I am drinking coffee from my french press, because it is wonderful. *grins*

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

Umm....
1. This one
2. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
3. Jeans
4. The Fifth Child
5. Schindler's list (haha, yeah, like I'm going to finish it, but I want to try it anyhow)
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Nope, haven't read it yet.)
7, East of Eden
8. It Takes Two To Talk (Okay... okay... this one isn't really a book either... it's a book-guide for parents about how to use play to encourage kids to use language... but... it would be useful to read and it has pictures!! And I thought eventually I might need pictures!!)

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs?

Honestly? My goal is to read more than I've been reading (for pleasure) lately, since most of what I read now is for classes, and that's really sad. Sadface. *giggles* And, you know, actually read the Harry Potter book. You'd think a girl reading about the occult would have done that by now?

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

me! me! *grins*

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What an eclectic list of books to be read!! I have to work this afternoon, so I'm here to cheer you on before I go!!

Good luck and happy reading!